Live Cell Imaging
A A cell is the functional basic unit of life. Live cell imaging is the study of dynamic processes in living cells using time-lapse microscopy. Keeping cell viable during long-term imaging enable observation of cell-cell interaction, behavior of individual cells and the dynamics of cell organelles or cellular molecules.
With the advancements in microscopy, live cell imaging has created a revolution in biological research, as it allows scientists to observe, track, and quantify dynamic processes in whole tissues, cells, and subcellular structures with high spatial and temporal resolution. The application of live cell imaging to the research in cellular signaling pathways opens a new window to the understanding of cell functions.
As a trusted service provider for decades, CD BioSciences has developed a fully working live imaging system integrating microscopes, cameras, imaging software and other necessary components to allow the monitoring of cell activity in real-time.
Workflow of Our Live Cell Imaging
In different live cell imaging assays, cell culture conditions, treatment, and labels vary a lot. Here, we will discuss your demands, and customize the assay for you.
A major challenge of live cell imaging is to keep cells alive and stays in their native physiological state for a long period of time. Here, we optimized the culture condition of your cells, such as temperature, pH, humidity and other conditions that matter.
Treatment if required will be performed, such as chemical compounds, gene knockdown by RNAi, or gene overexpression by transient transfection.
Labeling of cellular components or processes with fluorophores will be performed if required.
Live cell imaging will be performed in an optimized condition to ensure cell health and generation of high-quality data.
Data analysis will be performed by our experienced scientists according to your requirements.
Advantages of Live Cell Imaging
live cell imaging requires the control and maintenance of temperature, CO2 and humidity as well as light exposure and stage stability. Well performed live cell imaging has the following advantages.
- It gives more realistic views of biological events, since the dynamic cellular processes and cell behaviors are recorded in real-time.
- It allows the study of undisturbed in vivo cellular processes when cells stay in their native physiological state.
- It avoids the influences of fixation and immunostaining on samples.
- It allows the visualization of transient events that are often missed in end-point assays.
- It allows the observation of long-term effects of therapeutics, since as usual, the endpoint of the assay is unknown.
- It allows the analysis of a single sample in a time-course assay.
- It allows the simultaneous visualization of cellular biomolecules and processes of multiple signaling pathways.
- It allows the observation of cell-cell interaction in real-time
Live cell imaging has become a requisite technique in life science and biomedical research. It can be applied to a wide range of assays to study dynamic cellular processes and events in developmental and stem cell biology, medical research and drug discovery. These assays include:
- Cell Migration Assays
- Cytotoxicity Assays
- Cell Proliferation Assays
- Tube Formation in Angiogenesis Assays
- Imaging Cytoskeletal Dynamics
- Imaging Subcellular Component with Fluorescence Staining
- High-throughput Drug Screening
CD BioSciences offers cost-effect, high quality and hassle-free live cell imaging services to our clients worldwide. We guarantee to deliver our results on time. Please feel free to contact us.
For research use only. Not intended for any clinical use.